| || || |
Statement of Faith
King's Church is part of the Assemblies of God church movement and subscribes to their Statement of Faith.
1. We believe that the Bible (i.e. the Old and New Testaments) is the inspired, infallible and all-sufficient Word of God.
2. We believe in the One true and living God, who has revealed Himself in three Persons - Father, Son and Holy Spirit, often called the Trinity.
3. We believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and God the Son; His virgin birth, sinless life, miraculous ministry, substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, triumphant ascension, abiding intercession, and in His glorious Second Coming.
4. We believe in the fall of man, who was created pure and upright, but fell by voluntary transgression.
5. We believe in salvation and new birth through faith in Christ's work of redemption upon the cross.
6. We believe that all who have repented and believed in Christ as Lord and Saviour should be baptised by full immersion in water, in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and that they should regularly participate in the Breaking of Bread.
7. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit giving power for mission, the initial evidence of which is the miraculous speaking with other languages as the Spirit gives utterance.
8. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit, including divine healing, and the ministry gifts of Christ in the Church today.
9. We believe in holiness of life and conduct in obedience to the biblical commands of God.
10. We believe that the whole of mankind will be raised from the dead on the Day of Judgment, and that all who have truly believed in the Lord Jesus Christ will spend eternity with Him in heavenly bliss, and everlasting conscious punishment awaits all those whose names are not written in the Book of Life.